Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cookie Monster Birthday: Water Bottle Labels (and a FREE printable!)

Today was Isaac's 2nd birthday! We had his party last Saturday while we had family in town for Ada's blessing. Since we're on a tight budget, I DIYed most of the party decor for his Cookie Monster party. He had such a great time! It made all of my time spent planning so worth it! There's nothing better than seeing my kiddos smile. 


Since my time available for blogging is usually short, I'm going to break up each of my projects from the party into separate posts. Today, I'm starting with the personalized water bottle labels.






Yes, I know... I know... This is COMPLETELY unnecessary, as are most of the other things I did :) But, as you've probably already picked up on-- I have a REALLY hard time resisting cute ideas I see, especially when it comes to my kids! These labels are no exception.


I designed the label in Photoshop and printed them out (5 to a page) on regular copier paper and cut them out. Then came the slightly tricky part. I used packing tape that was just barely wider than the label itself, and put the label right side down on the tape, then wrapped it around the bottle. Side note, I used Great Value water bottles and removed the labels. 


I had lots of help doing this. The tiny helping hand in this photo is proof :)


I'm pretty sure these aren't too waterproof. I'm not sure how they would withstand being put in ice in a cooler. But, I do know you can buy waterproof printable labels, or you could even laminate the labels if you wanted to take the time to do so. In my case, I didn't want to spend the extra money to buy special labels and I didn't want to use the extra time (or effort) to laminate. I kept them in the fridge and they looked great for our party!


I'm in a sharing mood tonight, so I decided I need to SHARE a free printable of these labels with YOU! Click HERE to download this file with the name "Isaac," or HERE to get the same label with the name area blank. (These files are in .png format.)


Since Photoshop is one of the things I can point and click and work on while feeding and rocking Ada at night after Isaac goes to bed, you'll probably see a lot of printable-type projects for a while. Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Every year people use millions, maybe billions of disposable, plastic water bottles Werbegetränke

    ReplyDelete