Thursday, January 12, 2012

Family Name Gifts

So, I see I'm starting to average about 1 post a month... pitiful! I'm a little ashamed, but hey! I'm here doing it again :) Christmas was WONDERFUL! We got to spend time with family, and Isaac was old enough to really enjoy it this year. We kept it very modest and low key this year (just like our budget.. hehe). There was a time when I gave presents to everyone in our family, and even other friends and acquaintances, but that time is far spent. Then, we started just giving gifts to our parents and the kids in our families. But now, our family has grown! We have 19 nieces and nephews! Yeah, definitely no way we could even get something small for each of them, so we decided it was better to just skip out on that too. I do have a goal of, one of these years, planning enough ahead to make gifts for all of the kids... We'll see how that goes ;)


Anyway, so this year we did a couple gifts for each our own children, and made gifts for our parents. We have the most amazing parents anyone could ever dream of, so we have to show our appreciation any time we have the chance :)


I wanted to do something personalized, and I had seen several cool ideas of printables floating around Pinterest and etsy so I decided to do my version of 2 of them using family names. Here's what I came up with:




I printed them each out and framed them, but of course I didn't think to take a picture of the finished project. I have definitely not been thinking about blogging much lately (obviously), so it didn't even occur to me that I might want a pic of the finished project. Use your imagination though :)


I think they turned out pretty cute! I also made photo books on Snapfish for each of them using pictures of them with the kids and quotes about grandparents. I might post more about that another time :)


That's all for tonight, and hopefully it won't be another month before you hear from me again!



No comments:

Post a Comment